Forschungsbereich: Biochemical Engineering
Leiter: Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Christoph Herwig
Wir bitten um Verständnis, dass die Informationen über diesen Forschungsbereich derzeit nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar sind.
We want to build bridges between the “omics” sciences, process development and scale up for industrially relevant processes for biopharmaceuticals, secondary metabolites and sustainable technologies. Be the world-leading research group in efficient and scalable bioprocess development for safe, economic and ecologic bioproducts through interdisciplinary thinking!
Method development for efficient and scientifically based bioprocess development
Cornerstones of Activities:
- Science based methods for quantitative bioprocess development
- From data to knowledge, scalable
- From biorefinery to biopharmaceuticals
- From process understanding to engineered strains and products
- From understanding single unit operations to integrated processes
- Quality by Design principles – Why processing
- Real time sensors, soft sensors, simulation and automation
- Data exploitation, using first principles
- Mechanistic modelling